I figured seeing as I can’t come up with original content for my blog, I’d jump on the “seven things” tagging malarky, seeing as I was tagged by Matthew/Elazar.
My seven things:
- I was lead vocalist in a Funk-Jazz band in senior school (high school) called The Funk Junkies — we toured in Spain one summer, it was awesome
- My favorite subjects in senior school were History and Religious Education. I never had the option to do anything related to computers.
- I don’t have a degree even though I spent 3 years in higher education; I learned far more in ##php (back then, #php) on Freenode than in the classroom.
- I consider myself very lucky to be a mutt: half English, half Egyptian, Jewish on my mothers side, Coptic Christian on my fathers side, and living in Florida. This means I had a very colorful childhood
- I love to cook, and have had to learn to cook all sorts of things I took for granted in the UK (for example, a decent curry, or good bread!)
- I wanted to live in Florida since I was 11, and I came to Walt Disney World® with my mum and sister — I would never live anywhere else :)
- I got on the internet (using AOL) in 1997 thanks to my Grandpa. Just the other day I had to remind him about Skype, which he showed me when it was still beta and apparently forgot about ;) — also, I used a P200 (w/64MB RAM) till 2001, when I upgraded to an AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz, it screamed!
Apparently, I also need to tag 7 other people, so here goes:
- Paul Reinhiemer for making me squirt tea out of my nose at |works 05
- Lorna Mitchell for making the best gingerbread biscuits (and for pretending the Smirnoff Ice was for her…)
- Ed Finkler because I’m pretty sure it’ll piss him off
- Vidyut Luther because I still remember the night I saved him from killing his mother-in-law over a basketball game ;)
- Marco Tabini for being the only person crazy enough to publish me
- Greg Beaver for getting my name into phpinfo()
- Sara Golemon for showing me around San Jose (and Santa Cruz) after ZendCon… oh and for the awesome food she cooked me!
And here are the rules:
- Link your original tagger(s), and list these rules on your blog.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post — some random, some weird.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs and/or Twitter.