As mentioned in my podcast a while back, the Tampa Bay Area is a hot bed of PHP jobs.
However, if you didn’t find one yet, the company I work for is hiring:
Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP “LAMP” Developer
The ideal candidate for this position will have at 3-5 years experience in a variety of programming languages, with a focus on Internet database applications. A solid understanding and ability to program in an RDBMS environment using MySQL, with Linux, PHP, and Apache is mandatory.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Advanced PHP programming on UNIX-based systems using MySQL and Apache
- Procedural and object-orientated coding skills
- Experience with PEAR/PECL, PHP 5
- Understanding of Web-application security and common design patterns (Experience with Pascal, COBOL, C, C++, ASP, .NET, Java/JSP or Perl a plus.)
- Install/upgrade and configure RPMS and tar.gz files
- Ability to install/upgrade PHP from tar.gz file with custom configuration
Web Server Administration–
- Ability to configure Apache
- Administration of virtual hosts (setup, configure)
- MySQL administration
- Setup/maintain databases as well as database security
- Data importing for new client systems
This is a salaried position in central Florida. Compensation is negotiable based on experience. Candidates who meet the experience requirements will be tested for proficiency.
So, if you’re in the area and want to work directly with myself and the other great folks here, apply now.